Pages

09 August 2013

Build Review – Airfix MiG-15 (A02037) – Part 2

It been a while since I last posted an update on my ongoing MiG-15 1:72 scale build. Free time has been at a premium during the last month, the modellers curse that effect us all at some time...

However the good news it what time I have spent on this build has been productive. After finishing the cockpit I assembled the fuselage. This went together fairly well, however there was a large join between the two halves which at the time I incorrectly assumed was meant to be a join between panels.


Next up were the wings, they fitted perfectly and in no time I had the bare metal coat silver coat of paint on the model, Tamiya AS-12 straight from the spray can. The nose was airbrushed red with Tamiya XF-7 and attached after I've finished spraying the silver.


The landing gear was assembled attached and then painted. The gear covers and under wing fuel tanks were painted separately while still on the sprues and then attached. Overall it was nothing too difficult, with a pair of tweezers and some careful glueing I had myself a MiG-15.


So far, so good, a fun build for novice and expert alike. My only complaint is the join between the two halves of the fuselage. It took a few tries of filling, sanding and repainting and I still could not  hide it to my satisfaction.

                                   

Despite this I feel I can already recommend this kit, baring any major issues with the decals which I will discuss in my next build post, along with my final score.

No comments:

Post a Comment