Pages

11 August 2013

The 15 Minute Goblin

Not long ago I had a friend visit from Russia who was a big fan of the Games Workshop range, primarily through the computer games that they've released. As he'd travelled such a long way I decided that with Games Workshop HQ only a short trip away that I had to take him there.

Now for me it's been I while since I was involved in the Games Workshop hobby, however he really enjoyed his trip and came away with a set of figures and some paints, keen to start painting them. So upon our return home I set about giving him a quick tutorial on painting and how to do simple highlights. The result, the 15 minute Goblin.


I've never painted a Goblin (or any other variant of Green-skins) before so it was something new for me too. With the addition of a brown rather than a Games Workshop standard black set of robes I felt it was a fun experiment.

The Sales Assistant in the HQ shop did manage to persuade me to purchase one of the newer plastic figures, promising me that they'd moved on a bit since I last painted their figures. I eventually left with a Chaos Nurgle Champion, something about pustulent skin and corroding armour obviously seemed appealing at the time.


He took me a bit longer than 15 minutes to paint...



No comments:

Post a Comment